Monday 23 April 2012

Respiratory test (short term)

Respiratory: Lungs, Breathing

To test this we played ultimate frisbee!
the effect this had on my breathing was that it caused it to increase because i was moving around alot so my heart beated faster making my breathing harder.
Before we started we were asked to take our breathing rate then take it again after the game was done.
36 before the game and 42 afterwards.
we testeted how many breaths i took after by breathing onto my hand.
My breathing rate had to increase as my heart rate increased because my heart needs to pump more blood around the body to get the oxygen into the muscles.


Info:
bronchi connect to the lungs, within the lungs the bronchi go into smaller bronchi and even smaller tubes called bronchioles which end in tiny air sacs called alveol. The alveoli is where the exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide happens. with every breath air fills a large portion of the alveoli and oxygen moves from the alveoli to the blood through the capillaries (tiny blood vessels) that line the alveolar walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment